The time has come for a revolution in America. The explosion of media in the last decade has been incredible. Sixty inch LCD TV’s and Blackberries and IPods pervade our society. Each day brings a new development that makes our TV’s larger and out computers smaller. All of us are addicted to some new technology. It may be video games, texting, web surfing, television, cell phones, Blackberries or IPods, but all of us have some type of techno affliction.
I can understand it. Having the ability to search the web for information on any subject from the comfort of my couch is fantastic. I can watch a movie on my IPod while sitting in the waiting room of my doctor. Who can remember when we did not have a computer in the house? The ability to have instant access to information and answers to questions in a second’s time has become ingrained in this generation.
While I have acknowledged the need for and utilized my home computer for years, it is only recently that I have succumbed to the hand held obsession. This IPod contraption is great, and someday I’ll figure out all the options. I am content for now with non-stop music and a few movies. I may be a novice when it concerns hand held devices but if the topic is home television, I am on the cutting edge.
First, I need to dispel the idea that watching television is a not a productive activity. Some would say that TV watching is a waste of time that could be used doing something more useful. That may well be the case. There are many mindless and unintelligent programs on television and some how they seem to get the highest ratings. At the same time, there are many intelligent, well written and informative programs that entertain and inform us. We need to be selective with our viewing.
Now here is where I am ahead of the curve. In my home I do not have a television in my living room. I have two televisions, two televisions that are watched simultaneously. If watching one TV can be rewarding and constructive, then two must be even more so. Read more.
No comments:
Post a Comment